Cover: Harold Connolly, Olympic gold medalist, 7-time world record holder in the hammer.
- Letters to the Editor
- Editorial by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Harold Connolly: A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Weightlifting Starts with the Feet by Bill Starr
- Exertion Headache by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- Main Event II Rocks Fort Hall by Merle Meeter
- Building the Volume and Intensity Load by Anthony Ditillo
- Building the Grip and Forearm by John McCallum
- Manfred Nerlinger: The Bavarian Colossus by Wolfgang Hasenmaier
- Grandpa Jackson's Anvil by Thom Van Vleck
- The Clean & Jerk, "the King of Lifts": The Squat Clean by Jim Schmitz
- All-Round Lifter Carter, Truly a Master by Lee Gesbeck
- Alistair Gunn: "It's Not the Size of the Dog in the Fight, It's the Size of the Fight in the Dog" by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Suburi: The Discipline of Steel by Fred Hutchinson
- Targeting Specific Muscle Weaknesses by J. V. Askem
- Carry That Weight! by Joseph Svub
- Life in the Loft: Revolution by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- Magnus Samuelson: Swedish Strongman Star by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Mashed Potatoes by John Brookfield
- Pause Squats: Excruciatingly Effective by Marty Gallagher
- The Scottish Heavy Events: Six Principles for Success by Jason J. Pauli
- Wenhua Cui: Golden Aspirations by Hongjian Yang
- Tartan Tryouts: 1997 IFSA UK Championships by Jockie Reeves
- Modern-Day Strongmen in Finland by Jyrki Rantanen
- 1998 Helsinki Grand Prix Results
- Accelerative Training by Steven S. Plisk, MS, CSCS
- Consolidation Training for the Iron Warrior by David Goldenberg
- Travis's Legacy by Lee Gesbeck
- Eric Woelfel: The Ambidextrous Petaluman by Merle Meeter
No. 1282-6.1 (.5 lb.) $12.00