Cover: Tommy Kono on his way to winning the 1954 World Championships in Vienna, Austria.
- Letters to the Editor
- Editorial by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Tommy Kono: One of a Kind by Bruce Wilhelm
- Analysis of the Box or Bench Squat by John V. Askem
- Pre-Season Weight Training for Highland Games: The Transition Phase by Jim McGoldrick
- Samson's Sepulchre by Richard W. Field, Ph.D.
- The Drill by Bill Starr
- A History of the Bench Press by David Gentle
- Early Greek Influence on Sport: The Emergence of Athletic Festivals by Mark A. Holowchak, M.A.
- Ove Dybvikstrand: The Strong Man and the Sea by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Contest Results: U.S. Men's National Weightlifting Championships
- The Man from Up Over: Canada's Gary Goodridge Takes on a Thousand by Merle Meeter
- What If? by Louis Simmons
- If a Tree Falls...by Steve Jeck
- Life in the Loft--Part IX: Food for Thought by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- Deadlifting for Awards or Personal Power by David Shaw
- World Highland Games Heavy Events Championships by David Webster
- The Ultimate Fighting Championships: David vs. Goliath by Marty and Kevin Gallagher
- Muscles and Self-Defense by Leigh F. Wade
- Finishers by Brooks Kubik
- Power Training by John McCallum
- Developing Lean, Powerful Muscle by Anthony Ditillo
- Wayne Price: One Giant Gentleman by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- The Iron Mine
No. 1282-4.1 (.5 lb.) $7.95