Cover: Matt Sandford (AUS) making a huge 18-foot throw in the 56 weight for height at the 1999 Highland Games World Champs.
- Letters to the Editor
- From the Trenches: Grading and Grippers by Tom Gunterman
- Welcome by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Iron Filings
- The Iron Mine
- Pirros Dimas: The Midas Touch by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Christos Iakovou: The Greek Weightlifting System by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- John Ross: A True Original by Shannon Hartnett
- A Balance of Power by Steve Jeck
- Stone Lifting for Karate Power--Part II by David Elkins, Rik Lostritto, Ph.D., and Ken Leistner, D.C.
- Tattoos by Ken Adney
- Man Cannot Lift by Bench Alone by J. V. Askem
- Parallel Bar Dips by John McCallum
- The Return, or How I Learned to Lift Within My Limitations by Mark Reifkind
- The Olympic Exercises Used in Australian Football Codes by Luke Borreggine
- The Jerk and Overhead Strength by Bill Starr
- Pulling the Imaginary Rope: The Case for Muscle Flexing by Fred Hutchinson
- Adaptive Planning by Steve Plisk
- Life in the Loft: Dumbbell Opus by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- Challenging the Dumbbells by Mike Brown
- Maintaining Healthy Shoulders by David Shaw
- Power Training for the +35-year-old Strength Athlete by Jim Schmitz
- The Nautical Chain by Lee Morrison
- Sandford Showcase: 1999 World Highland Games Championships by Jim McGoldrick
- Cornhuskers Super Grip by Lee Gesbeck
- Stellar U.S. Arm Wrestlers Team Up for Tokyo by Merle Meeter
- Showman Strongman: The Dutch Grand Prix '99 by Peter Vermeulen
- Strong-mania 1999
- Strong Stamps by Peter Vermeulen
- Book Review: Muscletown USA by John D. Fair, reviewed by Bill Starr
No. 1282-7.3 (.5 lb.) $7.95