Cover: Galabin Boevski (BUL) making a huge 196-kg world record clean and jerk at the 1999 World W/L Champs.
- Letters to the Editor
- Welcome by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Iron Filings
- The Iron Mine
- Odd Haugen, a Class Act by P. J. Couvillion and Christie L. Bridges
- Galabin Boevski: "Greeced" for Gold by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Harry MacDonald: Canada's Big Mac by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Coan's Bid for 2500: K.O.'d by Misload by Randall J. Strossen
- Splashes, Suspense and Surprises: 1999 Weightlifting World Championships by Jim Schmitz
- Two TNT Strongman Competitions by Jyrki Rantanen
- All-Round the World by Lee Gesbeck
- Winning in the Strap: 38th Petaluma World's Arm Wrestling Championships by Merle Meeter
- Maltese Muscle: 1999 World's Strongest Man by David Webster
- Back Alley Challenge by Mike Pinyerd
- Life in the Loft: Doing Time with Squats by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- With Conviction, There is No Sacrifice by Steve Brylski
- Confessions of a Home-brewed Heavy: A Beginner's Perspective on the Highland Games by Carlos F. Borges
- The Road Seldom Traveled by Mike Brown
- Hard Work by John McCallum
- Pigging Out by David Trainor
- Five, Four, Three, Two, One--Done! by Jim Schmitz
- Chain Yourself to the Squat Rack and Call Me in a Year by Pavel Tsatsouline
- Hand Balancing and Feats with Bodyweight by Jeff Gothard
- Barbell Pull in to Shoulder by Steve Justa
- Self-defense Conditioning for Women (and Men) by Fred Hutchinson
- Cables to Enable by John McKean
- Fifty Minus Fifty Equals Five Hundred by Chuck Miller, CSCS
- Mind over Matter: The Power of Visualization by David Shaw
- Meeting the Challenge: The No. 3 Captains of Crush Gripper by Bill Piche
- Champion in Four Sports: Milos Snajdr by Josef Svub
- Book Review: The Lost Past by Gottfried Schoedl reviewed by J. V. Askem
No. 1282-7.4 (.5 lb.) $7.95