Cover: Joe Kinney closes the No. 4 Captains of Crush gripper.
- Letters to the Editor
- Editorial by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Kinney Do It? Yes!: Joe's the First 4-Evermore by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Stone Stories
- Mavrocks and the Missouri Strongest Man Contest
- Cheers for Chermerkin in Chiang Mai: 1997 World Weightlifting Championships by Jim Schmitz
- Wes Barnett Brings Home the Bacon by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Flowers for Megamouse by Steve Jeck
- Life in the Loft: The Polish Connection by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- Book Review: Of Stones and Strength by Steve Jeck and Peter Martin reviewed by Steve Pulcinella
- All-Round Odds and Ends by Lee Gesbeck
- The Mighty Atom, Miracle Marvel by Dennis Rogers
- The Warrior by Richard W. Field, Ph.D.
- The Heavy Dumbbell Bench Press by David Shaw
- Petaluma Rejuvenated! by Merle Meeter
- Remembering Youth by Dale Clark
- Grip and Forearm Development--Part I by John McCallum
- The Clean and Jerk, "the King of Lifts": The Clean by Jim Schmitz
- Ryan Vierra; Man with a Plan by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Growth and Development of Young Weightlifters by Luke Borreggine
- The Searcher: The Grey Stone by Peter Martin
- George "Ernie" Pickett by Bill Starr
- Wins and Losses in Las Vegas: 1997 World Strongest Man Contest by David Webster
- Jouko Ahola: Tiny Giant by Shannon Hartnett
- A Handful of New Captains of Crush by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Olympic Assistance Movements: For Size and Strength--Part II by Anthony Ditillo
- Of Stones, Barbells and Logs...Eclectic Strength Training for Rugby by Ashley Jones
- The Rack Crunch by Michael Rinaldi
- It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got that Jing: Extreme Training for Martial Artists by David Elkins
- Cable Mania by John Brookfield
No. 1282-5.4 (.5 lb.) $7.95