Cover: The last man to go, Derek Poundstone would win 2008 Fortissimus if he loaded this 517-lb. stone, which had eluded everyone else. Poundstone proved himself fully worthy of his name.
- When Weightlifting Lost Its Way by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Letters to the Editor
- From the Trenches: Iron Mentors by Rick Samples
- Iron Filings by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Captains of Crush Grippers: Who's New
- Red Nail Roster
- The Iron Mine
- My Grandfather Can Outlift Yours--and You, Too! The Dan Takeuchi Story by Jim Schmitz
- Nauru: The Beginning by Paul Coffa
- One-Arm Drag by Steve Justa
- Increasing Lifting Strength in the Posterior Chain by Mike Waller, M.A. and Tim Piper, M.S.
- Utilizing Fringe Supplements Sensibly by Bill Starr
- Hit the Deck by Brian Jones, M.S.
- Foundations: The Case for Cable Training by Jon Bruney
- The Neck Project (Part III): Defending Gray Matter by Steven Helmicki
- Battling Ropes Basics by John Brookfield
- The Two Dumbbells Clean and Jerk by Roger Davis
- Are You Seeing the Gain...or Just Feeling the Pain? by John Christy
- Are You Positive? by Steve Jeck
- Warrior Workouts by Ken Best
- The Viking Stone Lifting Challenge: A New Icelandic Saga by William Crawford, M.D.
- Football Time and Football Thoughts by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- Finger Pull-Ups for Ferocious Fingertips by Brad Johnson
- 2008 European Senior Weightlifting Championships: Supers Drama Caps Event by Per Mattingsdal
- Best Staging, Best Lighting...The New Look of Weightlifting by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Super Series Madison Square Garden Grand Prix by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- 2008 USAA National Pro-Am Armwrestling Championships: Big Crowd, Big Pulls by Denise Wattles
- 2008 World Heavy Events Championships: Steady As You Go Takes First by Francis Brebner
- Fortissimus: A Mighty Challenge--A Magnificent Win by Kristin Nelson
- 2008 Asian Weightlifting Championships: Large Hall, Small Crowd, Tiny Room by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- The Strongest German Middleweights: Andreas Lutz and Hans Abraham by Gherardo Bonini
No. 1282-16.2 (.5 lb.) $7.95