Cover: Ryan Vierra, on his way to victory at the '97 Highland Games World Championships.
- Letters to the Editor
- Editorial by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Highland Heavies: 1997 World Heavy Events Championships by David Webster
- Power Rack Training Revisited by Anthony Ditillo
- Twelve for Twelve by Walt Pauli, Jr.
- Squattin' by Dale Clark
- Life in the Loft: Serving Up Size by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- Card Tearing: Practice with Paper by David Trainor
- J. B. Kinney Grabs a Challenge and Wins by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- 1997 World Musclepower Championships Results
- Swinging a Sledge: Pounding Out Gains in Strength and Stamina by Matthew Bowen, Ph.D.,
- Riku Kiri: Finnish Phenomenon by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Book Review: The Truth About Weight Lifting by Alan Calvert reviewed by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- The Front Squat by Bill Starr
- John Brzenk Triples at Tahoe: 1997 National Pro-Am Arm Wrestling Championships by Merle Meeter
- Xiong Han Yang: Taking Charge of Chinese Weightlifting by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Pulling for Power: The Barbell Row by David Shaw
- Injury Prevention by Brian Mangravite
- Iron Filings
- Keys to Progress: The Home Gym by John McCallum
- Tim Vaughn: Captain of Crush by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- European Strong Men Classic 1997 by Peter Vermeulen
- Gary Taylor: "Get Up and Get On" by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- The Clean & Jerk: "The King of Lifts" by Jim Schmitz
- Brick Lift for Strength by John Brookfield
- The 56-lb Weight by John Brookfield
- The Lee Moran Story by Bruce Whilhelm
- Lee Moran's 1003-lb. Squat by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- Croatian Celebration: 76th European Weightlifting Championships by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Training with a Top Turk: Sunay Bulut by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- You Can't Put a Man on a Graph by C. Jack Lano
- Strength Training for Rugby Football Codes by Ashley Jones
- Respect Your Elders by Michael Rinaldi
- The Journey: A Transformation in Strength by David C. Strout
- The Iron Mind
No. 1282-5.2 (.5 lb.) $12.00